In the words of Saint Theodore Guerin, “Love the Children First, then Teach Them”, rest assured, we at Guerin Catholic are committed to your child every step of the way!
Guerin Catholic created the Learning Support Program to provide academic support to students with diagnosed learning differences, a qualified plan from their sending school, or a school counselor recommendation. The goal of the program is to provide resources and extensive individual support for continued development of a student’s skills, to ensure they become independent learners, and grow toward self-advocacy all while achieving their own educational goals. Students, parents, and the Director of Learning Support will meet one-on-one to develop an individual academic plan for each child to ensure growth and success in Guerin Catholic’s college preparatory curriculum.
Please contact our Director of Learning Support, Dawn Street, at (317) 582-0120 ext. 335 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Development of Student Academic Success
- Collaboration with students, teachers and school counselors
- Grade monitoring
- Progress updates with weekly 1-on-1 meetings
- Goal setting and strategic planning
- Test preparation for school and standardized testing
- Provide professional development and support to all Guerin Catholic teachers
Essential Skills Class
- Multidisciplinary credit elective that students can take every trimester for all 4 years
- Organization and study skills
- Time Management skills
- Continual development of written expression skills and reading comprehension skills
- Development of self advocacy skills
- Continue to build and develop executive functioning skills
- Quiet distraction free environment
- Extended time accommodation
- Small group testing
- Testing accommodation request submitted for qualified students for the PSAT, SAT and ACT test